Knittin' A Bit

Isn't it more fun to go shopping for supplies? Don't feel bad because you didn't finish that row of purl stitches, just move on, and find another project to leave half-finished, such as decoupage. Craft slackers of the world unite!

Monday, May 22, 2006

Oops! I almost forgot a title

Wow! So not only is no one reading my blog (phew!) but that means no one is commenting on my thoughts regarding the self-absorption that blogging (and other web related publishing outlets, including Friendster, MySpace, and personal web sites) encourages . Now I am sad. I wanted to have a discussion with someone who is "into" these kinds of projects. I am curious. I'd like to know why some thinks it is a good idea to publish some of their most personal thoughts on a mechanism meant to display these thoughts to the entire world. Isn't that kind of egotistical? I truly am curious.

I took a few days off from my knitting project and shockingly enough, I could still purl when I returned. Sweet!

Yesterday I bought a box of wine from Target. I had totally forgotten that Target was going to start selling their own brand of boxed wine. So of course I had to buy a box. I chose the Pinot Grigio over the California Red because it is almost summertime I do enjoy a nice cold glass of fruity white wine when it the sun stays out until 9 o'clock. Although I must say that nothing will beat the relaxation that comes from drinking a glass of Vino Verde, a crisp bubbly fruity white wine that I can only find at Trader Joe's.

So I think my plan for the summer is be the Drinking Knitter. I'm going to sit outside in my garden with a bottle (or box) of wine and knit. Now my garden, that is another project that initally sounded like a good idea, I had fun buying the seeds, the bulbs, and the pre-started plants, and now I just can't seem to find the time to actually plant anything. Of course, for now, I am going to blame the crappy, cold, spring weather of where I live. Grrrrrrrrrrr

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home